Monday, January 9, 2017

Your photos or your purse?

What would you do if you had to chose between theft of your photos or your purse? The items in your purse are going to be difficult to replace, your licence, credit cards but your photos could be gone forever. Technology is such a wonderful thing and is relied upon heavily this day in age.  Unfortunately, it has created additional issues.  Theft being a huge issue.  


Have you ever thought about what would happen if your computer or phone was stolen?  Let’s be honest technology is getting smaller, slimmer and lighter.  Did you know a laptop is stolen every 53 seconds?
What would you loose if your laptop was stolen?  If my laptop was stolen 5 years ago, I would have lost resumes and various other word documents which can be recreated.  I would have also lost 1000’s of pictures including wedding photos and family baby pictures which would have been gone forever.  


Technology can sometimes steal our precious moments as well.  Five years ago while on our honeymoon we had an unfortunate incident with an underwater camera, luckily it was the second day and there were not many photos on the card.  We were enjoying some snorkeling just before dinner and taking some amazing underwater photos.  My husband was exploring and taking photos and suddenly he comes up and says “ why is the screen foggy”?  Well, the screen was foggy because the lock on the camera was not closed properly.  Gone where all of our photos from the previous two days, and our opportunity to get amazing pictures when we were swimming with the dolphins the next day.  Luckily, we took a second camera with us and were able to catch all of the dry moments.


If my laptop, cell phone or tablet were stolen today I would loose apps, and music which can all be downloaded again.  But this time, I would also lost only 1 copy of my photos. I now have 3 copies of all of my photos, including photo prints of my favourite photos.  Yes, believe it print is your most reliable backup solution for your favourite and most precious memories.

Backup your photos in 3 places. Don’t let thieves or technology steal your memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment